Jesus’ disciples learned how to preach the kingdom of God by watching Him do it. The best way to learn something is to see it's done and then try it. We cannot expect that people will learn how to share their faith with others just by learning a strategy. We must show them how to do it and coach them as they attempt to do it.
After teaching your d-group how to evangelize, consider some practical ways on how to show them personal evangelism being done.
- Challenge group members to bring a lost friend to a meeting or a place where you all will be together.
- Intentionally start a conversation with that friend that leads to you sharing the 3 Circles Evangelism Tool. The next time you are with your group, discuss how they thought the conversation went. “What would you have said?” “Did I do or say anything that you feel like you couldn’t do?”
- Walk-up evangelism: Schedule a trip to a mall food court, local park, or door to door in a neighborhood. You can use a spiritual survey format to get into conversations with people that lead to the gospel. Simply tell your group members to observe what you say and do. The next time you get together, discuss how they thought it went. I have found that walk-up evangelism, although very unconformable, stretches people’s faith and gives them experience to share with people whom they know and love. The next time you go on a trip like this, you could have members of the group share.
- If your group is held in a public place like a coffee shop or restaurant, you could plan to start a conversation with an employee. Try to get to the gospel in that conversation and allow your group members just to listen and watch how you engage them.
- Consider lost friends that you have where you live, work, and do recreation. Invite them to a meal or to hang out with you and your friends from your d-group. While hanging out together, intentionally start a conversation that leads to you sharing the 3 Circles Evangelism Tool. The next time you are with your group, discuss how they thought the conversation went.
1. In one word, how would you describe your spiritual belief?
2. Do you believe the Bible is true?
3. Do you believe in heaven and hell?
4. If you were to die today, what percent sure are you that you would go to heaven?
5. Do you mind if I share with you how you could be 100% sure?